Wednesday, September 16, 2015

La Glace - Where it all started

On our way up to Fort St. John we decided to drive through La Glace and show the kids some their heritage.  This is the place where my grandparents homesteaded a long time ago.  



We were also able to see the school that all my aunts, uncles, mom and I attended.  I went to that school in grade 1 & 7.  The playground has been updated, but it still has the same little hill, and field to run around in.  It is still also lined with huge pine trees and I remember playing in between them with my friends.  I also remember my uncle Kevin taking me for rides on his motorcycle on that hill when I was 7!


















My grandfather built the house that he raised their kids in and I have always loved it.  I also had the opportunity to live in that house when I was in grade 7.  It was sold when my grandmother moved to Edmonton, but it still it there and though things are a bit different it is still the same house.  



A favorite pastime of mine when we lived there, was to take my few cents and go to the corner store for some candy.  So I gave each of my children some money and off we went to buy some candy.  The store though renovated on the inside still had the same smell.  Too funny!



We then proceeded to walk finish our tour of La Glace with a walk by the ice rink. baseball diamonds, and our old house.  It was a lovely day and I really enjoyed seeing my old stomping grounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment